I'm just a little person
One person in a sea
Of many little people
Who are not aware of me

I do my little job
And live my little life
Eat my little meals
Miss my little kid and wife

And somewhere, maybe someday
Maybe somewhere far away
I'll find a second little person
Who will look at me and say

"I know you
You're the one I've waited for
Let's have some fun."

Life is precious every minute
And more precious with you in it
So let's have some fun

We'll take a road trip way out west
You're the one I like the best
I'm glad I've found you
Like hangin' 'round you
You're the one I like the best

Somewhere, maybe someday
Maybe somewhere far away
Somewhere, maybe someday
Maybe somewhere far away
Somewhere, maybe someday
Maybe somewhere far away
I'll meet a second little person
And we'll go out and play


Lyrics submitted by pinkandblurry

Little Person song meanings
Add your thoughts

6 Comments

sort form View by:
  • 0
    General CommentI love this song! But why would a woman be singing about missing a little kid and wife, and then be looking for someone else? That confuses me.
    city212girlon November 13, 2008   Link
  • 0
    General CommentThe woman is speaking from the perspective of a man. That's why she talks about missing a wife and a child. Jon Brion wrote this song especially for the film "Synecdoche, New York" which centers around a male protagonist.

    I love this song, because it discusses the monotony of life. The simple, trivial happenstances of human existence, feeling insignificant, and ultimately the loneliness of being human at one time or another.

    And then, of course, making a human connection.

    "I know you
    You're the one I've waited for.
    Let's have some fun"

    Definetly my favorite part of the song.

    MissMaeon November 20, 2008   Link
  • 0
    General CommentI would like to know one person who can't relate to this song at some point in their life. Holy mother, this song is amazing.
    TONERon August 09, 2009   Link
  • 0
    My OpinionThis song makes me sooo sad... and it is so true...
    evamarimoon December 27, 2009   Link
  • 0
    General CommentThis song is beautiful and makes me cry a little
    riccaroni31on January 14, 2010   Link
  • 0
    General Comment90% heartbreaking and the other 10%? All mirror.
    eddiebon November 26, 2010   Link

Add your thoughts

Log in now to tell us what you think this song means.

Don’t have an account? Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. It’s super easy, we promise!

Back to top
explain