Sparks fly, i hit the ground running
Thumb in the air on the side of the road
Good work.. never comes easy
Hey Driver to the top of the world
Sparks fly, i hit the ground running
Thumb in the air on the side of the road
Good work.. never comes easy
Hey Driver to the top of the world
Put my life over my right shoulder with confidence
and here i come

westbound
leave the motor running because i'm on the run
in this crowded world i'll be high waiting when the last train comes

Dark Skies, i feel my heels burning
False hi's to the end of the road
No doubt, i've got alot of learning
Hey driver to the top of the world
Put my life over my right shoulder with confidence
and here i come

westbound
leave the motor running because i'm on the run
in this crowded world i'll be high waiting when the last train comes
westbound
leave the motor running because i'm on the run
in this crowded world i'll be high waiting when the last train comes

(hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey)

Sparks fly, i hit the ground running
I'm in the air on the side of the road
Good work.. never comes easy
Hey Driver to the top of the world
Sparks fly, i hit the ground running
Time stops at the end of the road
The big life, big deals, beginnings,
Hey Driver to the top of the world [x9]



Lyrics submitted by jtrack473

Hey Driver song meanings
Add your thoughts

8 Comments

sort form View by:
  • +1
    General Commentthis is a great song to drive to, and has such an awesome beat. its just a fun song, and addictive to listen to.
    i think it also talks about escaping an old life or old situation.
    wastedtime64on June 06, 2004   Link
  • 0
    General Commentyah this song is really good, i first heard it on the ea sports mvp baseball 2004 video game. its a great song and it is quite fun to drive to.
    jtrack473on June 19, 2004   Link
  • 0
    General Commentnever driven to this song? LOL, i'd like to though... nice thoughht?! definitly one of LBC's best in my opinion.

    Hey driver to the top o' the world!
    crashnburn5436on June 25, 2004   Link
  • 0
    General Commentthis song is sooo fucking catchy.... i saw them open with some other bands for story of the year and they started playing and i was like wtf??... then i just couldnt help but bounce up and down and shit. if you like catchy music, and even if you dont like it, dont be scared to bounce to songs like this
    imxaxtragedyon June 30, 2004   Link
  • 0
    General Commentlol yeah good song
    funstuffon May 05, 2006   Link
  • 0
    General Comment75% of LBC's songs kick so much ass, the other 25% would be good, but they find some stupid ass way to just totally turn me off from it. this is one of the 75%
    aisha_08on May 31, 2006   Link
  • 0
    General CommentThis song is so catchy..I love it. It's probably about the guy getting high and doing whatever he wanted until the day was done. Probably not, though.
    jamiexoon July 17, 2007   Link
  • 0
    General CommentI think this song is about criminals on the run. "Sparks fly; I hit the ground running" must mean they are running away from the crime scene and they spot a getaway vehicle, climb in there with the things they stole or to dispose of a weapon (if the crimes are theft or murder). These criminals get in a taxi or a getaway vehicle after they've committed a crime, and they tell the driver of either the taxi or the getaway vehicle (whose driver is also committing a crime by driving these criminals away from the crime scene) to take them somewhere other than the crime scene (say, to drop off the loot they stole if the crime they committed is theft). That explains the line "Hey driver, to the top of the world". Either that, or it's about a hitchhiker ("thumb in the air on the side of the road")
    seeingon April 16, 2014   Link

Add your thoughts

Log in now to tell us what you think this song means.

Don’t have an account? Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. It’s super easy, we promise!

Back to top
explain