Having grown up performing in a Beatles tribute band the Como Brothers are no strangers to the Long Island music scene. Matt and Andrew Como have been honing their craft as established singer/songwriters and performers and are ready to make an indelible mark on the music industry. Just off the heels of the release of their sophomore EP “Still Waters” (March 2013), the Brothers released their first full length album, “Baby Steps” (October 1, 2013).
“Baby Steps” Reviews:
• Brian Lion of Under The Gun Review has praised the album, stating, "Pretty much the whole of 'Baby Steps' is catchy as hell".
• Brian Weidy of IX Daily’s reviewed the album, writing, "The Como Brothers Band excels on their debut".
• Joshua Smotherman of Middle Tennessee Music writes, “'Baby Steps' includes track after track of grade A++ quality songwriting, musicianship, and originality”.
• James Wilson of My Random Jukebox speaks of Matt and Andrew’s songwriting abilities, stating, “How the music is put together alongside the catchy lyrics is a credit to their songwriting ability (which I think is their biggest talent)”.
• I Am Entertainment Magazine claims, “It’s just a matter of time before these guys explode into the mainstream”.
Our music has been placed in:
• MTV's Real World Portland & St. Thomas
• E! Network’s Keeping up with the Kardashians
• The Oxygen Channel's Best Ink
• Quicksilver Advertisements
• Indie movie Wingman Inc. Soundtrack
Notable experiences in 2013:
• Opened for Jillian Jensen (X-Factor) at 89 North Music Venue (February 2013)
• Opened for Frankie Zulferino at the Highline Ballroom (February 2013)
• Performed on Balcony TV Charleston (February 2013)
• Were finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2013, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2013)
• Our music was accepted on Pandora
• Opened for the Wallflowers at Alive@Five in Stamford, CT (June 2013)
• Performed in “Make Music NYC” (June 2013)
• Ten Como Brothers songs were determined radio ready for CBS Radio's "Tomorrow's Hits Today” (July 2013)
• Performed for an A&R from A&M / Octone Records Showcase and received very encouraging and positive feedback (August 2013)
• Won 2013 Good Times Magazine - "Long Island Music Festival" (August 2013)
• Performed in the CBGB Festival on the ReverbNation Stage at Tammany Hall (October 2013)
• Opened for American Idol Winner, David Cook, at 89 North in Patchogue Long Island (October 2013)
• Performed in the Port Jefferson Music Festival (October 2013)
Notable experiences in 2012:
• Named Emerging Artists by S&IS Shortcut to Sony, went into the Sony building, and had our music heard by Sony A&Rs! (January 2012)
• In Phase I of the Hard Rock Rising Contest our song “I Don’t Like You” had the most number of downloads in the entire USA. (January 2012)
• Finalists in the Hard Rock Rising 2012, playing at the Hard Rock Café NYC (February 2012)
• were asked to play at Sullivan Hall (February 2012)
• performed in the Montauk Music Festival (May 2012)
• Won 2012 Ernie Ball Battle – Played in Warped Tour at Nassau Veteran’s Coliseum (July 2012)
• played the Nikon Jones Beach Theater Side Stage before Rachel Crow, Cody Simpson, and Big Time Rush (August 2012)
• performed at Six Flags Great Escape in Lake George, NY (August 2012)
• performed 35 shows in 2012 (Long Island & NYC at bars, town events, charity fundraising events, and festivals)
The Como Brothers Band brings an energy, excitement, and originality to the stage that leaves fans wanting more. The band is very personable and accessible to fans. We can’t wait to see you at our next gig!
Matt and Andrew Como (ages 24 & 22).
We have been surrounded by music from a very young age. Our dad and his brothers are all very musical. During family parties throughout our childhood, our uncles would jam in the basement. We loved it when they played together and would join in. This is where we first got a taste of performing. When Matt was in Kindergarten and Andrew was in pre-school their mom enrolled them in piano lessons. In third grade, Andrew started playing the alto saxophone in the concert band and took private guitar lessons. In high school Andrew played the tenor saxophone in the symphonic band, guitar in the pit orchestra, and guitar for the chorus as an accompanist. In high school Matt played guitar and bass with Andrew in their high school’s talent shows and in local bars. During that time, Matt and Andrew joined their father and their uncle in a Beatles tribute band, playing in local bars across long island. Andrew was George and Matt was John. Soon we started writing songs. We loved playing Beatles music but wanted to play our own music. Once we started writing songs in high school we started to take our music career very seriously. In college, Matt took voice, guitar, and bass lessons, joined a singing ensemble, and of course kept writing songs. In college Andrew did the same. In January 2012, “The Speed of Sound EP” was released. In March 2013, “Still Waters” EP was released. Our debut album “Baby Steps” was released on October 1st, 2013.
Andrew Como – Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar
Matt Como – Lead Vocals, Bass Guitar
Tim Costello - Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards & Vocals
Jeremy Scalchunes - Percussion & Drums
John Okeefe - Percussion/Vocals/Auxiliary Keyboards
October 1 2013 debut album “Baby Steps” https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/baby-steps/id712299277
March 2013 EP “Still Waters” https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/still-waters-ep/id627211865
January of 2012 The Como Brothers Band released their first professionally recorded EP entitled “The Speed of Sound.” https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-speed-of-sound-ep/id509052601
Oct 2012 - wrote for/performed on with Kayla Stockert. Kayla Stockert’s EP “Castles in the Sand” https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/castles-in-the-sand-single/id567876116